Dessau Veterinary Clinic Your Source for Pet Dental Care in Austin, TX
Getting proper dental care is critical for your pet's quality of life. At Dessau Vet Clinic, veterinarian in North Austin, we work hard to educate our patients about the value of pet dental care. Many pet owners are unaware of how important pet dental care can be. Being able to recognize the symptoms of dental disease and taking your pet to the vet in North Austin for cleanings is important for your pet's health and well-being.
Symptoms of Pet Dental Disease
Pets who are suffering from dental disease will display many of the same symptoms found in people. Symptoms include:
- Bad breath. Pet breath doesn't usually smell great, but it shouldn't smell very bad.
- Discolorations on the gums and teeth. Inspect your pet's teeth regularly for dark brown or black spots on the teeth and gums.
- Cracked, loose, or missing teeth. You may not notice if your pet's teeth are cracked, but if your pet's teeth mysteriously start to fall out, this is a sign of dental disease.
- Discomfort when eating. Pets that are reluctant to eat may be experiencing dental discomfort due to poor oral health.
What You Can Do
If you're a pet owner, you can take care of your pet's teeth by doing the following:
- Brush your pet's teeth regularly. Brushing your pet's teeth on a regular basis can help keep your pet's teeth clean. You'll need to use a tooth brush made for pets, and tooth paste formulated for pets. If you don't know how to brush your pet's teeth, your pet's veterinarian at Dessau Vet Clinic can give you information and answer some of your questions.
- Give your pet chew toys that help clean teeth. There are many types of pet toys that can clean your pet's teeth and gums. Your pet's North Austin veterinarian may be able to recommend products.
- Inspect your pet's teeth. Every time you brush your pet's teeth, take a look in your pet's mouth and inspect for signs of dental disease.
Take Your Pet to Get Regular Dental Cleanings at the Pflugerville Veterinarian
At Dessau Vet Clinic, we offer a variety of dental services for pets including:
- Dental examinations. We examine pet teeth and gums and inspect for dental diseases.
- Dental cleanings. During dental cleanings, we remove plaque and polish your pet's teeth, which will enable your pet's teeth to stay cleaner for longer.
- Extractions. If we find that one of your pet's teeth is infected and needs to be removed, we'll perform an extraction. This can help improve your pet's quality of life.
- Cavity fillings. Pets get cavities, just like people! We'll fill your pet's cavities, which can help reduce any dental discomfort your pet might feel.
Contact Us for Pet Dental Care In North Austin
Your pet needs regular dental cleanings in order to maintain good oral health. Contact us for North Austin Pet Dental Care at (512) 339-3177 for an appointment today.